Friday, July 3, 2009

Grace Transportation, Inc.

I passed a truck on the interstate yesterday with the company name Grace Transportation, Inc. This is a Canadian trucking company. But what a great idea for a church name. "Welcome to Grace Transportation. We don't make grace, but we do deliver it!"

The universal message of the reformation was that we needed God's grace in our lives. We can't achieve it through works, worry, penitence, or effort. It is God's free gift. But once we have it, we can share it with others.

God forgives me. I can forgive others. God heals a pain, physical or spiritual, in my life. I can now turn to someone else and help them with their pain. God blesses my with a financial blessing. I can share some or all of that with others. I am the carrier, the transport, the big truck or small car on the highway taking a load of grace and sharing it with others.

A truck with a load is meant to make a delivery. No one would hire a trucking company that didn't make deliveries. God didn't save us, didn't give us grace for us to simply travel through life never stopping to give it to others. Make as many deliveries as possible!

1 comment: