Sunday, November 1, 2009

My week as a slug

Even slugs get grace, right? So this past week I was laid up with the flu. H1N1 I presume, although I was never sick enough to require a doctor's care. I have been plenty sicker in my life but this particular flu just held on and held on and held on. Relentless. I am still not 100%. So I am preaching today and doing communion and already formulating ideas for how to insure as much space between me and hopefully healthy members of the congregation. Sometime being pastoral means keeping your distance!

I have been told plenty and preached often that God rejoices over all men, women, boys, girls, etc of creation. God rejoices even over those who are ill and unable to do much. Hope God still found something to rejoice over me about as I basically did nothing but breathed (and that not too well at times), coughed, slept (that also not too well), went from sweating to chillled, but enough of the details.

Thank God for supportive members, a patient wife (who was sick herself but managed to rebound more quickly), and a window of opportunity in my life where an illness wasn't devastating. Many or not so fortunate. And thank God it was only the flu!

3 comments:

  1. You have a good attitude, thank God it was only the flu! Glad you both are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah, thanks for the kind words.

    I updated my post as well. Still recovering and found the omission of a "n't" to make my life sound much worse than it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your finally on the recovery side. Yipes!

    ReplyDelete